Teaching modern quilting is one of my passions.
I love providing lectures or leading modern quilting workshops at guild meetings and local quilt shops nationwide.
My workshops are suitable for all levels of quilters, and they are an excellent introduction for quilters who are curious about modern quilting trends. I coach workshop attendees in combining improvisational techniques with a planned layout. Each workshop project is as creative or as structured as the quilter desires, and I can create a customized version of any of my workshops for your group.
Rave reviews from workshop attendees:
I enjoyed watching Carole select fabric, demonstrate piecing, and quilt a sample, showing the group her style and skill. Her encouraging feedback enabled us to create with our own hearts. Thanks, Carole! — Alison
Carole’s teaching style is excellent. She offers insightful advice when you ask for it, but she also leaves you alone and lets your creative juices flow when that is what you need. I would do this retreat again in a heartbeat. — Julie C.
I enjoyed EVERYTHING about the retreat! I loved how you spent time with each of us helping to plan our quilt, offering a different view of both colors and layout. I really enjoyed the talks one-on-one. You helped me understand the concept of ‘negative space’ and how to use it, and I really understood the concept of modern quilting. I’m having great fun using this knowledge at home working on my own designs. Thank you! — Debbie
Here’s a Contract Summary
I love traveling around the USA meeting quilters who are interested in learning more about modern quilting. My workshops are suitable for modern, modern traditional and traditional quilters! I hope that you will consider inviting me to lecture and teach in your area. The information below is a high level summary of my fees and lodging requirements– for complete information on the lectures, workshops and a contract, please email me here: info[at]modernquilter[dot]us
Or go to my Contact Me page. I respond within 24 – 48 hours to any inquiry.
Room Set Up
- Lecture: 3 to 4 tables for my trunk show quilts; 1 table for patterns and books for sale
- Lecture: Projector and screen ( provide my own laptop and connecting cords)
- Workshop: 2 tables for demonstrations and sample quilts
My Fees and Holding Dates
- $450 for a Lecture and Trunk Show and Question and Answer session booked on a day or evening by itself. ($350 if lecture is held the evening following a workshop.)
- 1-Day workshop [6-7 hour day]: $750 per workshop day plus $8.00 kit fee per student for full color pattern. 18 students maximum. PDF supply lists provided for all students in advance
- Minimum booking is normally one lecture and a full day workshop for events requiring less than 4 hours travel each way.
- A $300 deposit required with signed contract to secure a date. Deposit is applied to final invoice. See contract for cancellation information.
- Standard mileage for events 2 hours or less from my home in Bradenton FL
- Coach airfare and baggage fees for quilt samples and workshop supplies; shuttle to and from airport in FL. (I fly out of Tampa FL)
- Hotel accommodations for required nights (depending on event schedule)
- Meals at cost for all days and evenings
Click these links for more information: