I love traveling across the country meeting quilters who are interested in modern quilting. In the past year or so, I’ve had the honor of teaching my modern quilt workshops in California, Texas, Georgia, the east and west coasts of Florida, South Carolina, Virginia and I’ll be adding other states to this list!
My modern quilt workshops are suitable for all levels of quilters. And, traditional quilters who take my modern quilt workshops tell me that they learn a lot about ‘what makes a quilt modern’ and have loads of fun–even though these workshops take them a little bit out of their box. I hear them say that quilting modern is freeing!
For more information, download C Shaw Workshop and Lecture Descriptions 2-8-2019
For my current contract, please email me through my Contact Me page.
I sincerely appreciate your interest in hiring me to teach and lecture at your group event. This is a general summary of travel and booking requirements and more details can be found in my contract. Of course, I’m happy to discuss any questions you may have. If you want a copy of my current fee schedule/contract and to schedule me, please email me through the Contact Me Page .
Minimum and Shared Bookings
Minimum billing requirements are based on the amount of travel time required from my home in Sarasota FL (airport is Sarasota or Tampa).
- Local (within a 1 hour drive one way) – no minimum
- Under 3 hours of air travel – one lecture and one 1-day workshop OR two 1-day workshops
- Over 3 hours of air travel: one lecture and two 1-day workshops
If event requires a non-teaching/non-lecture day between your events, please note that a $200 layover fee and accommodation expenses will be required.
You may combine events with another group in your immediate area to meet the minimum booking and share expenses.
All lectures are 60-90 minutes and I provide a handout for each attendee. Trunk show includes quilts and book signing. Requirements include:
- Tables to set up my quilts, books and patterns for lectures and workshops.
- For lectures, I will provide my PowerPoint presentation on a flash drive or bring my own laptop. Group must provide projector and screen. I also require a microphone.
- I will provide books and patterns for sale, so please check that venue allows sales. I am responsible for all taxes.
- 18 students maximum. Prefer one table per student because my workshops require lots of cutting and block layout work.
- Full color handouts or patterns provided for each workshop participant (fee as noted in my contract).
- Hotel lodging invoiced at hotel rate agreed to in advance.
- Meals are billed at cost for travel and onsite days.
- Airfare and luggage fees: I fly regular coach and preferred airlines are Southwest or Delta (or other airlines that have direct one one-stop flights). I usually check two bags and have one carry on.
- Mileage to/from airport from my home and parking at the airport or airport shuttle.
- If venue is within a 2 hour round trip drive of my home, I will typically drive and charge mileage.
If you want a copy of my current fee schedule/contract and to schedule me, please email me through the Contact Me Page .