First, my MidCentury Modern Curves Black & White #1 was published in Curated Quilts! Here’s a photo of the quilt. Link to buy the current issue.
This quilt is in my series–and it’s one of my most popular workshops. Here is an early version in ombre colors. I hope that you can join me when I teach this class along with other modern quilt workshops in March 2020 at the Mountain QuiltFest.
And, the big news is that I have started filming my online class for this improvisational curves technique. The class will include a lot of information and demonstrations, including:
- How to select fabric (color and value tutorials; selecting interesting combinations of prints and solids)
- Cutting improv curves without templates
- Sewing improv curves without pinning or glue basting
- Special techniques that add interest to your blocks
- Quilting the quilt
- And a virtual trunk show with insights on several projects
The class will be a look at how I create my quilts from start to finishing the top. It will be an indepth guide that will empower you to create your own unique MidCentury Modern Quilt.
To get information on Early Bird registration, be sure to sign up for my Newsletter (link on right column of this page) and follow my Blog. Registration will be limited for the pilot class which I estimate will be online by June 30, 2020. (OK, now that I’ve totally committed myself in public, THIS IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!)